The Super Season is here and what better way to enjoy watching the game than with some of these interesting and fun Super Rugby Facts.
Super Rugby Facts
- The Lions won the first ever Super 10 tournament in 1993
- Highest score in a super rugby game was 96 points, Crusaders 96 Waratahs 19 in 2002
- Highest winning margin of 89 was the Bulls vs Reds in 2007- 92-3
- 8 Seconds is the fastest try- Bryan Habana (Cheetahs vs Stormers (18 June 2011))
- 137 the highest combined score in a match: Chiefs 72 –Lions 65 in 2010
- Crusaders hold the record for most consecutive wins of 15
- Most wins in a single season is shared between the Stormers(2012) and Hurricanes (2015) with 14 wins
- Dan Carter has the most Super Rugby points with 1708
- Wyatt Crockett (Crusaders) has the most Super Rugby Caps with 200
- Morne Steyn holds the record for most points(263) in a Super Rugby Season in 2010.
- The Crusaders hold the record for the most Super Rugby titles with 9
- Doug Howlett holds the record for the most Super Rugby tries with 55
- Wooden Spoon award goes to the Bulls (2002) and Lions (2010) for 0 wins in a season
- Ayumu Goromaru(Reds) has a Giraffe at a Zoo in Japan named after him.
- Ben Lam (Hurricanes) holds the record for the most tires in a season (16 in 2018)
- Most point by an individual in a match is held by Gavin Lawless(Sharks) vs Highlanders in 1997. He scored 50 points, four tries, nine conversions and four penalties.
Read More: 10 Awesome Rugby Facts
Read More: Super Rugby Betting Preview
Get the latest Super Rugby Betting Odds
Place a rugby bet