The six Nations Championship or RBS 6 Nations is an annual northern hemisphere rugby union championship. The competing six nations are England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Italy and France with Ireland being the reigning champions.
Rugby Betting Snippets
Here are a few interesting snippets of the RBS 6 Nations to help you make your rugby betting decision easier:
- England is the most successful team in the tournaments history, have won the RBS 6 Nations 26 times. England’s current rugby betting odds to win the championship are 16/10
- England has also won 12 Grand Slams, the most by any team in history. Wales are 2nd with 10 and France 3rd with 9 Grand Slams. England’s current betting odds to win the Grandslams are 9/2. (A Grandslam is given to the team that wins every game in the competition.)
- Sergio Parisse of Italy has said that he would trade his 112 Caps for an RBS 6 Nations Title. Italy’s rugby betting odds to win range between bookmakers from 350/1 to 1000/1
- Next month will mark the first time this century that neither Paul O’Connell nor Brian O’Driscoll appear at an RBS 6 Nations for Ireland. Ireland’s current rugby betting odds to win outright are 3/1.
- Last year Scotland finished bottom of the table and without a win. Their current rugby betting odds to win outright are 16/1.
- The French team consists of eight new players and just one player over the age of 30. Frances current rugby betting odds to win are 11/2.
- Wales will play the RBS 6 Nations opener against the reigning champions, Ireland. Wales’s current rugby betting odds to win are 3/1.
- English player, Johnny Wilkinson holds the record for most points scored in a Six Nations match, scoring 35 points in England’s 2001 match against Italy.
The Wooden Spoon Award
The Wooden Spoon is an award given to the team that comes last in the tournament. The following countries have received the wooden spoon:
- Italy – has won it ten times with current betting odds to win the wooden spoon again at 2/11
- Scotland – has won it three times with current betting odds to win the wooden spoon this year at 4/1
- Wales – has won it once with current betting odds to win the wooden spoon this year at 80/1
- France – has won it once with current betting odds to win the wooden spoon this year at 33/1
- England and Ireland have never been awarded the wooden spoon, England’s betting odds to win the wooden spoon are at 125/1 and Ireland are at 100/1.
Place your bets on the RBS 6 Nations today
Take a look at our useful Advice for Rugby Betting if you’re wanting to place a few bets on this year’s RBS 6 Nations.
For specialized and comprehensive local and international online rugby betting as well as betting on horse racing, soccer, tennis, golf and motorsport either in house and or through our online sports betting facilities, visit Keith Ho BetXchange for the most competitive prices and the largest sports betting options available in South Africa.