The 18th September 2015 marks the start of the Rugby World Cup 2015 and it is scheduled to go on until the Final Match on Saturday 31st October 2015. Betting enthusiasts from all around the world are lining up to place their bets on individual matches and tournament outcomes. It is the 8th Rugby World Cup and will be hosted in venues around the UK.
The first match will be between Fiji and England and the last match will be held at Twickenham Stadium in London. The Rugby World Cup has kept betting fans on their toes over the last few years with punters really needing to get a thorough understanding of their chosen teams form, as well as their strengths and weaknesses.
A few interesting Rugby World Cup betting facts that you may be interested in include the following:
- There are only three teams that have ever won the World Cup twice, these are South Africa (1995 and 2007) Australia (1991 and 1999) and New Zealand (1987 and 2011). Making this year a year that could have the first “third time winner”.
- No team has ever won the Tri-Nations (now called the Rugby Championship) and the Wold Cup in the same year. This years Rugby Championship final only takes place in August 2015.
- The most points ever scored in a single Rugby match during the World Cup were 145 by New Zealand against Japan in 1995.
- To date there are 16 players that have received red cards during the Rugby World Cup.
- No captain or coach has ever been able to win two or more World Cups consecutively. 2011 World Cup Winners were coached by Graham Henry and captained by Richie McCaw. This year Richie McCaw is captain once again however they are coached by Steve Hansen.
- New Zealand has never defeated Australia in a Rugby World Cup. Could this be their year to do so?
- The two Rugby World Cups won by South Africa were done without them actually scoring any tries in either of the finals.
- 2007 Rugby World Cup was the only year that New Zealand failed to reach the semi-final.
Take a look at our useful Advice for Rugby Betting should you be interested in placing a few bets on one of the most prestigious Rugby tournaments in history.
For specialized and comprehensive local and international betting on rugby, horse racing, soccer, tennis, golf and motorsport, as well as extensive in house and online sports betting facilities, visit Keith Ho BetXchange for the most competitive prices and the largest sports betting options available in South Africa.