The Players Golf Championship News
The Players Golf Championship takes place between the 10th and 15th May 2016 at TPC Sawgrass, Florida USA. Last years champion Rickie Fowler made history as he recorded the lowest score by any player on the Stadium Course’s last four holes, needing only 11 strokes to force the first three-hole aggregate playoff. He birdied the 17th hole three times in a little over 90 minutes to join an elite field of Players title holders.
Fowler seems to be ready for action this year as he brazenly visited TPC Sawgrass earlier this month and replayed shots to the 17th hole blindfolded, cross-handed, left-handed, and even one from inside the construction of the new double-decker chalets being built around the 17th hole.
The Players Golf Championship Facts
In preparation for Tee off, here are a few interesting facts about The Players Golf Championship:
- Jack Nicklaus won $50,000 in 1974 whereas Ricky Fowler won $1.8million on 2015
- Greg Norman holds the 72-hole tournament record for The Players Championship at 24 under par.
- Craig Perks and Tim Clark are the only 2 players to win their first career PGA Tour Tournament at The Players.
- Tom Kite holds the record for the most cuts made at THE PLAYERS with 23.
- Sam Snead , 1982 becomes the oldest player (69 years, 9 months and 21 days) to start in THE PLAYERS Championship.
- The longest putt of 100 feet, 1 inch in The Players history was made by Ben Crane on the 14th hole in the first round of The Players in 2007.
- Nick Price is the only player to finish in the top-10 of The Players over five consecutive years.
Place your golf bets here.
Visit Keith Ho BetXchange for the best golf betting odds, as well as world class offline and online sports betting facilities. Keith Ho BetXchange offers the best betting odds, promotions and bonuses on rugby, soccer, cricket, horseracing, boxing and more.