The ABSA PSL is THE Soccer League that South Africans wait for each year. 16 soccer clubs play each other twice during the season, once at their home stadium and once at their opponents. Teams play a total of 30 games each and accumulate points in each game. These points determine the teams place on the log and the club with the lowest points scored is automatically relegated to the lower leagues.
Here is all you need to know about the ABSA Premiership PSL 2016/2017. PSL fever is here and it’s time to place your bets.
PSL Betting Information
To start off with, here are the 2016/2017 PSL Fixtures for the rest of the year:
PSL Betting Odds
You can view the Current PSL Betting odds to at BetXchange – PSL Betting Odds
PSL Betting Tips
So who will be at the top of the log in the ABSA PSL 2016/2017? Orlando Pirates seem to be dominating the field and have a strong chance of remaining on the top. Made even more realistic with Tendai Ndoro’s hat-trick in Round 1. Other strong contenders include Bidvest Wits who beat Kaizer Chiefs 2-1, Cape Town City who beat Polokwane City 2-0 and Chippa United who beat Free State Stars 2-1 all in the first round. In order to understand more about betting on the PSL, it’s important to understand how each team plays in certain conditions. Factors to consider include:
- Whether they’re playing at home or away. Playing to a home crowd has historically increased the chances of a team winning, especially if they are heroic to their fans. The support, enthusiasm and the strong will to not disappoint, often leads teams to play their best and win.
- How they have performed in their last 5 games. Their most recent performances are an indication of the head-space, fitness and ability as a team and is often a good indication of how they will perform.
- How they have been scoring. If the team you’re betting on has been tallying high scores in their latest matches then the chances are that they will continue to do so. If they haven’t and their defence is poor the are more than likely going to lose a game.
- How they have been defending. Defense is key to any game and if the team you’re looking to bet on is strong in their defence and has some of the best defenders in the country, they will more than likely be able to hold their own against an opposition team.
- Who is injured and who is playing. If there are any injuries to strong players it could compromise the entire team. However most teams have appropriate back up players and coach’s should be able to substitute any injured players. It is however a consideration when placing your bets.
- The opposing teams latest performance. As much as you need to know your teams latest performance, it’s also important to understand the opposing teams performance. If they play well at home and will be taking on your team on their home turf they may have a large chance of winning.
Stay tuned to BetXchange for all the latest PSL Betting odds and standings.
Place your bets on the ABSA PSL here.
For specialized and comprehensive local and international soccer betting, rugby, horseracing, tennis, cricket, golf and motorsport betting, as well as extensive in house and online sports betting facilities, visit Keith Ho BetXchange for the most competitive prices and the largest sports betting options available in South Africa.