With only a few days left until the opening match of the Rugby World Cup, the world is going Rugby World Cup mad! With most match tickets being sold out and only a handful left for others, one of the greatest games in the world will be taking centre stage throughout September and October.
We thought it would be fitting to put together a few interesting facts about the Rugby World Cup for Rugby Betting or just to throw around at the next braai, breaking the awkward silence with…
Did you know that;
1. Jonny Wilkinson is the only player in history to have scored points in 2 Rugby World Cup finals, these were 15 points in 2003 and 6 points in 2007.
2. Two countries have gone on to reach a Rugby World Cup final after losing a game in that same tournament, England in 1991 and 2007 and France in 2011, could this be something that rugby betting fans should look out for?
3. South Africa has the best overall win rate in Rugby World Cup history, having won 25 of 29 matches (86.2%) Statistically speaking rugby betting odds for South Africa to win are good.
4. Australia will not have any refereeing representatives at the 2015 Rugby World Cup. Rugby betting enthusiasts may see this as a disadvantage for Australia.
5. The Twickenham “full series” hospitality package which includes exclusive use of the Stadiums Webb Ellis Suite for all 10 matches costs £557, 820.
6. Jason Leonard from England has made the most Rugby World Cup appearances.
7. Eight teams in total have ended a Rugby World Cup Fixture with 0 points to their name.
8. Grant Fox from New Zealand holds the record for the most points in 1 tournament, being 126.
9. The oldest player to feature at the Rugby World Cup is Uruguay’s Diego Ormaechea, he was 40 years and 26 days old.
10. New Zealand and Argentina have played the most Rugby World Cup opening matches.
11. In the 2007 Rugby World Cup, there were two match ups: Argentina defeated France in the opening match 17-12, and went on to beat them 34-10 in the third place playoff and South Africa beat England 36-0 in the group stages, and went on to beat them 15-6 to win the Webb Ellis Trophy. Rugby betting fans are asking whether there will there be any match ups this year.
Place your rugby bets now on these exciting matches.
For specialized and comprehensive local and international rugby betting as well as betting on horse racing, soccer, tennis, golf and motorsport, as well as extensive in house and online sports betting facilities, visit Keith Ho BetXchange for the most competitive prices and the largest sports betting options available in South Africa.