The UEFA Champions League or Union of European Football League is an annual football competition contested by top European football clubs. It is also known simply as the Champions League.
The UEFA Champions League begins with 3 knockout qualifying rounds and a play-off round. The 10 remaining teams enter the group stage together with 22 other teams who have qualified in advance. These 32 teams are separated into 8 pools of 4 teams through a draw and play each other in a double round-robin system. The 8 pool winners and runners up enter the knockout phase that ends with the final match.
Soccer betting at the UEFA Champions league has been popular since its inception and soccer betting fans from all over the world study odds and place their bets throughout the season. To date Real Madrid is the most successful club in The Champions history. In total they have won the cup 10 times. Current soccer betting odds for Real Madrid to win 2015 are 5/1.
We have put together a few more interesting soccer betting facts about the UEFA Champions League:
1. Since the tournaments name and structure change in 1992, no club has ever won two consecutive tournaments.
2. The tournament has been won by 22 different clubs since 1955, 12 of which won it more than once.
3. Spanish clubs have won the most tournaments with 15 in total to date. Italy is second with 10 to date.
4. Oddly enough Madrid and Milan are tied in being the cities to win the most tournaments, however Milan was made up of two winning teams and Madrid only 1 winning team, being Real Madrid.
5. Clubs from Belgium, Sweden and Greece have never won.
6. Valencia and Stade Rennais de Champagne have made the most finals appearances but have never won. Both clubs have appeared in 2 finals without winning.
7. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) and Christiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) have scored the most goals to date with 77 each.
8. Most appearances excluding qualifying games to date have been made by Xavi (Barcelona) with 151 appearances and Iker Casillas (Porto) with 151 appearances.
9. Clarence Seedorf (Netherlands) has won the Champions League 4 times, playing for 3 different teams, Ajax, Real Madrid and AC Milan.
Soccer betting facilities are gearing up for group stages which start on the 15th September 2015 and run until the 9th December 2015. These are followed by Round 16, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and the Final played on the 28th May 2016.
Keep an eye out for all the latest soccer betting odds and markets available.
For specialized and comprehensive local and international soccer betting as well as betting on horse racing, rugby, tennis, golf and motorsport, visit Keith Ho BetXchange for the most competitive prices and the largest sports betting options available in South Africa. Keith Ho BetXchange offers extensive in house and online sports betting and soccer betting facilities throughout South Africa.