The UEFA Champions League or Union of European Football League is an annual football competition contested by the top European football clubs. The tournament is also known simply as the Champions League and always offers an intriguing mix of heavyweight encounters, fairytale-style progressions and underdogs with considerably more bite than their bark.
UEFA Champions League Betting Odds
|Qarabağ||(6/1)||v||Roma||(9/20)||Bakı Olimpiya Stadionu|
|Sporting CP||(6/1)||v||Barcelona||(4/10)||Estádio José Alvalade|
|Juventus||(1/7)||v||Olympiakos Piraeus||(23/1)||Allianz Stadium|
|CSKA Moskva||(5/1)||v||Manchester United||(13/20)||VEB Arena|
|Anderlecht||(11/10)||v||Celtic||(5/2)||Stade Constant Vanden Stock|
|PSG||(1/1)||v||Bayern München||(5/2)||Parc des Princes|
|Atlético Madrid||(11/10)||v||Chelsea||(28/10)||Estadio Wanda Metropolitano|
BetXchange offers a wide range of betting options for the UEFA Champions League Tournament. Please note betting odds quoted are correct at time of publication and are subject to change. View the latest Champions League Odds
Some of the other Betting Options include:
- Correct Score
- Anytime Goal Scorer
- First Time Goal Scorer
- Last Team to Score
- Which Team to Score
View Full Betting Options
UEFA Champions League Groups
|2018 Champions League Groups|
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D||Group E||Group F||Group G||Group H|
|Benfica||Bayern Munich||Chelsea||Juventus||Sevilla||Shakhtar Donetsk||Besiktas||Real Madrid|
|Manchester United||Paris Saint-Germain||Atletico Madrid||Barcelona||Liverpool||Manchester City||RB Leipzig||Borussia Dortmund|
UEFA Champions League Predictions
In recent years, the Champions League has become a highly predictable affair, with 4 sides in particular always seeming to secure passage to the final four. It’s fairly safe to expect at least 2 of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich to achieve this again. The tournament’s open ended knockout football style hasn’t been able to prevent Europe’s richest and most powerful clubs from dominating it. This has been especially telling in the last 9 years, with only Inter (2010) and Chelsea (2012) managing to interrupt wins for Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern. At least one of those 3 sides have occupied one of the finalist positions in the same period. Even though the outlook appears promising for the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea to make an impression, it’s not apparent that either of them will test the big 3 for the European crown. Outside bets of interest also reside with Juventus, who were impressive on the way to last season’s final, but crucially have lost one of their key defensive players in Bonucci. Arguably, only PSG appear to have the squad that could compete outright to upset the recent hegemony, especially with new signing Neymar so keen to impress and lead the cause without having to play to the shadow of Lionel Messi.
Current prediction outlook:
- Champions – Real Madrid
- Semifinalists – Barcelona
- Semifinalists – Bayern Munich
- Semifinalists – PSG
UEFA Champions League Facts
We have put together a few more interesting soccer betting facts about the UEFA Champions League:
1. Since the tournaments name and structure change in 1992, only Real Madrid has ever won two consecutive tournaments.
2. The tournament has been won by 22 different clubs since 1955, 12 of which won it more than once.
3. Spanish clubs have won the most tournaments with 15 in total to date. Italy is second with 10 to date.
4. Real Madrid have been crowned champions on 12 occasions. The most by any club.
5. Clubs from Belgium, Sweden and Greece have never won.
6. Valencia and Stade Rennais de Champagne have made the most finals appearances but have never won. Both clubs have appeared in 2 finals without winning.
7. Lionel Messi (94) and Christiano Ronaldo (105) have scored the most goals to date in the competition.
8. Most appearances excluding qualifying games to date have been made by Xavi (Barcelona) with 151 appearances and Iker Casillas (Porto) with 151 appearances.
9. Clarence Seedorf (Netherlands) has won the Champions League 4 times, playing for 3 different teams, Ajax, Real Madrid and AC Milan.
For specialized and comprehensive local and international soccer betting visit Keith Ho BetXchange for the most competitive prices and the largest sports betting options available in South Africa. Keith Ho BetXchange offers extensive in house and online sports betting and soccer betting facilities throughout South Africa.