Rugby to Bet on
Rugby fever is hotting up with the start of the RBS 6 Nations and Rugby Varsity Cup this week. We take a look at some of the most popular rugby tournaments taking place throughout the rugby year:
1. RBS 6 Nations As mentioned in our article Betting at the Rugby 6 Nations the RBS 6 Nations is an annual northern hemisphere rugby union championship. The six countries that compete are England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Italy and France. Ireland are currently the reigning champions and this year the tournament will start on the 6th February 2016 with France playing Italy and Scotland playing Wales.
Have a look at the latest Rugby Betting odds on the RBS 6 Nations
2. Rugby Varsity Cup For University Rugby betting enthusiasts, The FNB Varsity Cup presetned by Steinhoff International starts on Monday 8th February with four round one matches taking place around the country. The FNB Varsity Cup is a collective term for four individual annual inter-varsity Rugby tournaments played by teams from the top universities in the country. The teams include Ikeys (UCT), NWU Pukke (Potchefstroom), Maties (Stellenbosch), NMMU (Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University), UP Tuks (Pretoria), Shimlas (Free State), UJ (Johannesburg) and CUT Ixias (Central University of Technology), UFH Blues (Fort Hare), UKZN Impi (Kwa Zulu), UWC (Western Cape) and Wits (Johannesburg). 2015 was won by the UFS Shimla’s in a match where they dominated opponents NWU Pukke to beat them 63-33. Have a read through our Varsity Cup Teams to Bet on article for more info.
Take a look at the latest Rugby Betting odds for the Varsity Cup Tournament this year.
3. Super Rugby February is a fantastic month for any Rugby Betting fan, as amidst the RBS 6 Nations and the Rugby Varsity Cup is the 2016 Super Rugby tournament. Super Rugby consists of 15 teams split into 3 conferences each with five teams and based in one of three nations. This years Super Rugby begins with Round 1 on the 26th and 27th February. The Highlanders were crowned last years champions as they won their first Super Rugby title by beating Hurricanes 14-21 in a frenetic Super Rugby Final.
Learn more about the latest Super Rugby Betting odds and all online sports betting here.
4. World Rugby U20 Championship Previously known as the Junior World Championship, this under-20 tournament was introduced in 2008 after the amalgamation of the previous under-19 and under-21 World Championships. This year the World Rugby U20 Championship will take place in Manchester, England from the 7th – 25th June. Rugby betting fans are eyeing their favourite teams closely as defending champions New Zealand play amongst England, Australia, Argentina, France, Georgia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Scotland, South Africa and Wales. Could New Zealand take the cup again or is it time for a new winner?
Place your online rugby bets on the World Rugby U20 Championship
5. Rugby Championships Starting in August is this year’s Rugby Championship which returns to its full 6-round format after last year’s Rugby World Cup. This is the fifth edition of the expanded southern hemisphere Rugby Championship consisting of Australia, Argentina, New Zealand and South Africa.
Click here for the latest rugby betting odds on this year’s winner of the Rugby Championships.
6. Currie Cup Premier Division This is the top tier of the second stage of the 2016 Currie Cup and is played between August and October. The Currie Cup Premier Division involves nine South African domestic teams that have qualified to play. In 2015 The Golden Lions beat Western Province 32-24 to win their eleventh Currie Cup title. Last year there were a total of 286 tries scored, 43 matches played and the top point’s scorer was Marnitz Boschoff of the Golden Lions with a total of 187 points.
View the latest rugby betting odds on the Currie Cup here.
For specialized and comprehensive local and international online rugby betting as well as betting on horse racing, soccer, tennis, golf and motorsport either in house and or through our online sports betting facilities, visit Keith Ho BetXchange for the most competitive prices and the largest sports betting options available in South Africa.