IPL Cricket fever is here and excitement is mounting as fans watch their favourite cricket players take part. Here are the 15 most interesting facts about the IPL that are handy to know.
IPL Cricket Facts
- 1st – Sporting event in India to introduce the concept of Cheerleaders.
- 1st – Sporting event in history to be broadcast live on YouTube.
- 3 – The most number of IPL title wins by a single team and belongs to Chennai Super Kings (2010,2011,2018), and Mumbai Indians (2013, 2015,2017).
- 6.54 – The best economy rate of any bowler with more than 20 games. Held by Sunil Narine (KKR).
- 6 for 14 – The best ever bowling performance in IPL history. A title held by Sohail Tanvir against Chennai in 2008.
- 10 – The most consecutive wins by a single team in IPL. Title held by Kolkata Knight Riders.
- 30 – The number of balls for the fastest century, smacked by Chris Cayle in 2013.
- 49 – Lowest score. Held by Royal Challengers Bangalore against KKR in 2017.
- 154 – Leading number of wickets taken by a single player in IPL, and the title belongs to Lasith Malinga.
- 175 – Highest score by a batsman to date in IPL. Made by Chris Gayle in 2013 against Pune.
- 212 – The most dot balls by a single player in a season. Bowled by Dale Steyn in 2013.
- 229 – The highest partnership, held by Kohli and De Villiers.
- 263/5 – Highest score held by Royal Challengers Bangalore against Pune in 2013.
- 3699 – The most runs by a single player overall in IPL, a title held by Suresh Raina.
- $72 million – Paid by Pepsi in 2013 to be the main sponsors of the event.
Get the latest IPL Cricket Betting odds here.
Read here for more information on IPL Betting.